Grant Proposals are Accepted Year-Round
GREAT IDEAS FUNDED BY NDDF
Gateway to Science Bismarck, ND
NDDF provided Gateway to Science of Bismarck, ND with $50,000 for their capital campaign for a new building along the Missouri River. The funds will cover a permanent "Big Mouth" exhibit and a portable dental education exhibit which will reach children across North Dakota.
NDDF Charitable Gifts 1986 - 2014
The North Dakota Dental Foundation's purpose historically has been to further the knowledge of prevention and treatment of dental disease, to provide grants and scholarships in dentistry and dental research and to receive, maintain, and administer a fund for charitable purposes. It is notable that from 1986 to 2014 this work was conducted solely by a dedicated and passionate group of volunteer board members.
The following list represents some of the charitable donations and activities funded by the North Dakota Dental Foundation ($70,000) from 1986 to 2014:
- 1988 - Educational seminar-Dr. Gary R Goldstein, national expert on dental esthetics
- 1990 - Educational seminar-Dr. Richard Oliver, national expert on periodontics.
- 1991 and 1997 - Paid for and sent an ADA Senior Smile videotape to each district for use during in-house training at hospitals and nursing homes.
- 1995 - Hosted senior hygiene students for the Linda Miles lecture and luncheon at the Midwinter NDDA Meeting.
- 1996 - Contributed $1,000 to the Allied Health Science Project in Wahpeton.
- 1997 - $5,000 was contributed to Grand Forks dentists to support them in getting their offices back in business after the flood.
- 1997 - $50,000 of collected funds was passed through the Foundation to flood victims for dental offices affected by Red River Valley flooding.
- 1998 - Contributed $500 to the Deb McFerran Fund.
- 2000 - $200 to the Samuel D. Harris National Museum.
- 2001- Provided financial support for the NDSCS and Northwest Tech Dental Auxiliary students to attend the luncheon associated with the 2001 FM Seminar and Little Chicago meeting. A total of 49 students attended.
- 2004 - Provided financial support of$500 to each of the new community dental access projects: Bridging the Dental Gap, Red River Valley Dental Access Project, and 3rd Street Clinic of Grand Forks.
- 2004 - Supported dental students of the University of Minnesota Jamaica Mission Project - $1,000 donation.
- 2005 - Donated $10,000 to help dentists affected by hurricane Katrina.
- 2005 - Donated $5,000 to the Kikuyu Hospital Project.
- 2006 - Donated $500 to each dental access projects: Red River Valley Dental Access Project, Northern Valley Dental Access Coalition and Bridging the Dental Gap.
- 2006 - Donated $500 for dental assistants from NDSCS and MSCTC to attend a luncheon and program.
- 2007 - Established the NDDF Assisting Scholarship in the amount of $500 to be given annually to an assisting student enrolled at the NDSCS.
- 2007 - Donated $1,000 to each dental access project: Red River Valley Dental Access Project, Northern Valley Dental Access Coalition and Bridging the Dental Gap.
- 2007 - Donated $500 for dental assistants from NDSCS and MSCTC to attend a luncheon and program.
- 2008 - Donated $2,500 to the NDSCS for help in the purchase of digital radiographic equipment.
- 2008 - 2014 - Donated $500 yearly contributions to each of the following dental care programs: Third Street Clinic, Bridging the Dental Gap, Red River Valley Access Dental Program, Dental Assistant Luncheon, Give Kids A Smile, Valley Community Health Dental Program and the NDSCS Dental Assisting Scholarship.
- 2009 - Donated $350 for supplies to NDSCS Give Kids A Smile Program.
- 2009 - Donated $500 3rd Street Clinic Grand Forks -Emergency Relief Fund.
- 2011 - Donated $1,000 Spirit Lake Pediatric Dental Days.
- 2012 - Donated $10,000 to North Dakota State College of Science (NDSCS) Foundation Allied Dental Fundraising Campaign to upgrade equipment for their hygiene and assisting programs.
- 2013 - Donated $5,000 to the Standing Rock Pediatric Dental Days event.